Monday, November 02, 2009

BURRRRN!


from the NY Times:
J. P. Williams is the Hollywood producer behind the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, which first demonstrated that there was an overlooked and hugely profitable audience for comedy in Middle America, and even he told me he doesn’t think Dunham’s act is that funny. “His material is pretty soft,” Williams said. “If you take away the puppets and close your eyes, there’s not really that many jokes there. He’s not a comic. He’s a ventriloquist. He’s got a great gift, and his gift is that he makes stuff talk and he keeps his mouth pretty much closed when he does it.”

Oof. That's gotta hurt! It's one thing for David Cross or Chris Rock to say this. But when the producer for your target demographic has stuff to say-when Biloxi Danny Rose-gives you a bitchslap, that's gotta chafe. Guess even Cletus stopped drinking the Kool-Aid!

2 comments:

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I agree with Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, it's very brilliant description it might be very hospitable for students. For example last year when I had a difficult of time at the end of semester with a day and night flow of academic assignments and drill, I had a awesome idea to buy it somewhere and than use plagiarism check. I was so dead that I did not care for what can begin when my academic work was written by flipside person. To my awesome surprise, research paper was honest the price I paid for it. I was so charmed with the quality and now everytime i use this service.