Ray has tagged me for an “Eight Things You Don’t Know About Me” meme.
Here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are mine:
1) I used to collect girl dolls as a kid For the straightest reasons too; I wanted to see what Jem looked like naked
2) I used to think "tits" was a Korean word I spent my childhood in Flushing, Queens with Korean kids that peppered their everyday speech with Korean words. I thought tits was one of them. I was shocked to hear a white guy say it in an American movie.
3) I like some Sugar Ray songs
Well just this one
I know, Mark McGrath is a meathead and usually Sugar Ray sucks, but it's good to imagine this song during the "rough relationship" part of the soundtrack of your life (forgive English sucky, I have to go to work)
4) I used to love Billy Joel's "You're Only Human (Second Wind)" This was at the time of Ozzy Osbourne's "Suicide Solution" controversy and this song was a life-affirming answer to that
5) KISS used to scare the shit out of me I mustered some courage when I was ten and saw the opening credits of KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park. I've never been the same since.
6) I shat my pants after eating Burger King Good thing I worked at an animals shelter when it happened -- imagine I shat my pants at an editorial meeting or the UCB?
7) I'm on the watch list Everytime they tell me this, they hit the return key on their keyboard and say I'm ok to board. It's like a boring, awkward version of Phillip K. Dick.
8)I smoked crack by accident I was hanging with these street toughs and they rolled a blunt. I smoked it and it tasted funny. They explained I was smoking a banger-a blunt with crack in it. Changed my life, much like the KISS movie did.
Read these great bloggers who will hopefully play along:
Hopefully these bloggers will play along:
Stereogum (Scott and Amrit)
French Fry Head
My Daily Observational Humor