Friday, November 09, 2007

Remembrance Of Videos Past #52: Metallica, “One”

The video for this had footage spliced in from Dalton Trumbo’s early ‘70s anti-war film Johnny Get Your Gun. Imagine if different film/TV clips were mixed in with the footage?

Some “One” Lyrics

I can't remember anything (Christina Applegate looking dazed in Samantha Who?)









Can't tell if this is true or dream (Harold wakes up getting his face licked in Harold and Kumar)







Deep down inside I feel to scream (Macauley Culkin in Home Alone)









This terrible silence stops me (Fatty Arbuckle does a pratfall)








Back in the womb its much too real (Look Who’s Talking Too)

Just like a wartime novelty (“Springtime For Hitler” number, The Producers)








Tied to machines that make me be (Lawnmower Man)







Cut this life off from me (Sklar Bros. on Grey’s Anatomy)


Oh God, help me hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God help me (Jessica Alba getting date raped by Dane Cook, Good Luck Chuck)












Darkness
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror (Fat chick hugging Norbit)





Landmine

Has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in Hell (America’s Funniest Home Videos)










No comments: