Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Remembrance Of Videos Past #50: Joe Public, “Live and Learn”

I love that old saw, “You’ve got to live and learn.” But every time I say it, this terrible New Jack Swing monstrosity comes to mind. Worst part about it is my girlfriend and I are the only ones who remember this song and we both hate it.

Much as I abhor this shitty ditty, I confess I am enamored with those backward trumpet samples. Like Terminator X is on the 1 and 2.

Still, the band’s name is Joe Public, which is fitting because the band is as unrecognizable as your average Joe Public or Joe Scmoe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually kind of like this song...

Sorry honey.

anc282 said...

This song was originally released when I was about 10 years old, and I liked it back then....but for some unknown reason I never bought the single.

Thankfully I just found it for two bucks at the local thrift store!

Funnily enough, I still like the song now at 25. Go figure. :D

Actually what I didn't know at the time, was that the 12inch version (which is featured here on this disc twice, the second version being the "Dub Mix") actually features a very brief sample from the Prince song "If I Was Your Girlfriend."

Hmmm....I guess that explains why I liked it then!! ;-)