Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How I've Made My Peace With Seth Meyers And Product Placement

If you asked me last week to list 500 things I was lukewarm about, I would have stammered, hemmed and hawed around 498 and 499 and then said "Oh yeah, Seth Meyers and product placement." (Oh Seth I kid! Put away the Kleenex and take Terms of Endearment off your Netfix queue),.

Today, I am excited about both. Seth Meyers is directing a web series for Crackle.com that incorporates three Sony films (Crackle is owned by Sony: Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, and The House Bunny. The series, called "The Line," stars Bill Hader and Joe Lo Truglio (both of them appear in Pineapple Express) as they score the coveted first spot in line outside of a movie theater, 11 days prior to the world premiere of one of the summer’s most highly anticipated films, Future Space. (NOTE: bold part cut and pasted from press release-YOU try blogging at work with your boss inches from you).

Seth Meyers and product placement are A-OK in my book now!

No comments: