Tuesday, July 08, 2008

On A Personal Note:: Missed Connections

In this segment I tell humorous personal anecdotes. If you hate personal blog posts, skip this; there's plenty of non-personal stuff on this blog as well.

I was driving home the other day when my cell phone gave off a message alert. It was a picture message, so I was excited. I figured maybe it was a picture of me eating donuts from a garbage bag or something zany like that. Saying it was not zany is a masterpiece of understatement. It was a pic of a shirtless muscular guy I never met before.

It was the closest I've come to being raped by my cell phone. I pulled over trying to piece the puzzle together when I got a text message saying something to the effect of "Great convo last night. Have a good day at work-Mike."

The plot thickens.

Not to nitpick over shirtless meathead mobile phone etiquette, but shouldn't the message come before the pic? But I digress.

It was time to set this guy straight, no pun intended. I called him and let him know he had the wrong number. He was confused because he claimed his lover texted him back.

But he sent it to the wrong number; how could she have texted him back?

This is impossible unless I am living some schizoid Tyler Durden multiple personality relationship with a shirtless guy I don't remember. All I know is that I've never needed a new phone so bad in my life before.

NOTE: I just got texts from David Fincher and M. Night Shymalan for the rights to this blog post.

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Clue number two: hetero men never refer to their girlfriends as "lovers".

Văn Sát said...

Công ty vận chuyển hàng hóa chuyên nhận vận tải hàng hóa tốt nhất hiện nay. Hãy đến với chúng tôi, sàn giao dịch vận tải bạn sẽ được tận hưởng những dịch vụ vận chuyển tốt nhất hiện nay. Có thể kể đến dịch vụ vận chuyển bắc trung nam, vận chuyển hàng đông lạnh, vận chuyển hàng tươi sống, chở hàng thuê giá rẻ , vận chuyển hàng hóa TPHCM, chuyển hàng đi Hà Nội giá rẻ... Và còn rất nhiều dịch vụ đang chờ đón bạn. Nếu như bạn có thắc mắc hay cần sử dụng hãy liên hệ với chúng tôi nhé.