Friday, April 07, 2006

Love Letter/Rap to Jenny Lewis

I wrote a letter recently to Sharon Stone. Despite VH1's best efforts (ever), I received no response.

Fair enough: I did not love her anyway. Yes, I am 30 - too young for marriage, it is true, but too old for infatuation. Suffice it to say, I am going to bring this blog to the lowest level possible in the blogosphere: the personal blog, or online diary. Worse still, I will write a letter to a cliche love interest: Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley.

Dear Ms. Lewis:

I know men all the time claim to love you. But how many indie fan boys in the blogosphere know of your love for old-skool hip-hop?

I tried to not love you, but after reading in Spin magazine about your admiration for the Jungle Brothers, man, that was like catnip to this cat. And I'm a hybrid of a kitty kat and a wild cat.

Do I make less and less sense? It was David Byrne who said "Stop Making Sense," right?

Enough of my namedropping. Time to drop something else: rhymes. Are you ready for me to drop some science? I can't hear you? Oh wait, nevermind:


I love you Jenny Lewis
Though I'm Egyptian and you're Jewish
Consider me your slave

Dang nabbit, I can't think of anything that rhymes with "slave." But know this: I have loved you ever since I knew you as the video game girl from "The Wizard." I loved when you screamed "Rape!" when that old guy grabbed you. Wait, you might scream "rape" if you find me too annoying. Let me give you your space.

By the way: science vs. romance? Chemistry brings the two together.

Yours truly,
Mo.

1 comment:

Cesar Fernandez D said...

cThe Jungle Brothers are an American hip hop group, and founding members of the Native Tongues collective. The Jungle Brothers pioneered the fusion of jazz and hip-hop and also became the first hip-hop group to use a house-music producer.[citation needed] The group began performing in the mid-1980s and released its first album, Straight Out the Jungle, in July 1988.[1] With Afrocentric lyrics and innovative beats, the Jungle Brothers were critically acclaimed and soon joined the influential Native Tongues collective.[2] The original trio comprised Michael Small (Mike Gee), Nathaniel Hall (Afrika Baby Bam, a homage to Afrika Bambaataa) and Sammy Burwell (DJ Sammy B). Sammy B left the group after the group released Raw Deluxe in May 1999
Their first album, Straight Out the Jungle, was released on an independent record label (Warlock).[1] The single "I'll House You," added to the album in 1989, is known for being the first hip-house record recorded outside of the Chicago scene, which was a club hit that drastically changed the way the hip-hop and dance-music industries worked.[3] In spite of the commercial failure of Straight Out the Jungle, Warner Bros. Records soon signed the group and released Done By the Forces of Nature in November 1989.[1] In 1990, the Jungle Brothers contributed the song "I Get a Kick" to the Cole Porter tribute album "Red Hot + Blue" produced by the Red Hot Organization.medico online doctor online psicólogo online veterinario online abogado online abogado España online abogado chile online abogado costa rica online psiquiatra online mecanico online Following a four-year break, the Jungle Brothers returned in 1993 with J Beez Wit the Remedy, another commercial disappointment. The Jungle Brothers involved themselves with an emerging Hip Hop organization called Ill Crew Universal (ICU) which released worldwide compilation albums and supported independent Hip Hop artists.[4][5] Their fifth album, V.I.P. was produced by Alex Gifford of Propellerheads and, during production, they found time to add their vocal stylings to the Propellerheads tracks "Take California (And Party)" and "You Want It Back". Their latest album to contain any new releases is 2002's All That We Do.