Thursday, October 26, 2006

Amateur Minute: The Bitmores

Since I don't get a torrential downpour of MySpace friend requests from bands, I have time to check out every single act that sends me music. Acts like Rhode Island's The Biltmores, who have self-released their debut album Same Story, Same Ending this past Friday.

"Weight of the World" (first song on their MySpace player) is a grunge song that isn't post-grunge. While Nickelhack and Greed use the standard Nirvana/Pearl Jam template for their songs, "Weight of the World" hearkens back to the unsung legends of the alternative nation like Screaming Trees and Dinosaur Jr. No wonder I'm not a music blogger: I can't sell it better than that. How about I rip off Amazon?

Listeners who like this also like:

Giant Drag
Wilco
Pixies

No comments: