Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Remembrance of Videos Past #26: The Breeders, "So Sad About Us (Live on Letterman)"

In '93, I was a seventeen-year old bespectacled Brillo-headed Who fan. So when I saw Letterman and heard this modern band do a cover of "So Sad About Us," I flipped out. This wasn't "Can't Explain" or "Tommy" - this was a nugget only a fan would know. So I liked the Breeders before Last Splash was released. When it came out I bought it. Yes the music was great, but I have never felt that frisson again - that feeling that a band was looking through my music collection and nodding with approval.

4 comments:

Cibbuano said...

David Letterman is the eternal flame. He gets older, but the show is the same.

What does he listen to, I wonder?

Mo Diggs said...

Pink.

sammyray said...

I understand what you mean about that certain band that hits you in the head. For me, strangely, is Eurythmics. I remember hearing "Sweet Dreams" at a party and just thinking, "Man, that just hit me in the head."

The Breeders were a pretty decent band. I like their harmonies.

And one thing about Dave HAS changed...his hair...sniff sniff

Mo Diggs said...

I prefer "Here Comes the Rain Again"

Hate to see what will come of Conan's hair