Monday, September 04, 2006

Remembrance of Videos Past #11: New Zoo Revue Theme

All week I will feature retro theme songs from relatively obscure childrens' programming of the '70s and '80s.

I rarely watched New Zoo Revue. The reason for this is it came on at the insanely early time of six o'clock. This was the show I would watch when I could not get any sleep. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine Studio 54 socialites watching this after their last bump of cocaine for the day.

I love the bridge to this song. It sounds like the chorus to "Lonesome Cowboy Burt" from The Mothers of Invention.

So enjoy the Moog-powered pep of one of time's forgotten kids' shows.



(courtesy of poobleekoo)

Bonus: here's "Lonesome Cowboy Burt" courtesy of funkykong

1 comment:

Cibbuano said...

those kids shows at 6am had to be peppy...otherwise, you'd never stay awake...

I was just killing time until Transformers and GI Joe came on, anyway..