Friday, September 29, 2006

Remembrance of Videos Past #28: Pixies, "Here Comes Your Man"

MTV had this show back when I was 14 (1990) called College MTV. Before they used the word "alternative," they used the word "college." This guy whose last name was Ibrahim (my last name, Mr. Ibrahim if you're nasty) requested The Pixies' "Here Comes Your Man." Finally, someone on TV with my last name who's not a terrorist. At the time I was disappointed because I was a metalhead and this song was twee. I did find this video funny though. None of them move their lips.

That was the last time I saw someone with the last name "Ibrahim" on TV who was not a terrorist. It was also the last time they played the Pixies on MTV.

1 comment:

Benari said...

Love this song, love this band.

And I loved when MTV used to play music videos...